Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just one leg

This is from my computer journal, but I wanted to share it here.

Just one leg.  That's all I had time for, and even that was a stretch.  As is typical in our house, I jumped in the shower as Caitlyn was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and eating a cereal bar, while Lorelei was happily bouncing in her chair. Taking advantage of a quiet moment, I leapt into the shower for a few minutes. I lathered up and washed my hair, then cocked one ear to the open door.  

"Caitlyn! Are you watching tv?"  "Yes!"  "Ok, I'll be out in a minute!"

Feeling giddy with excitement, I luxuriated in the cascading warmth of the water for another quick moment.  It is not often that I get more than a couple of minutes in the shower unless I wait until the little darlings are in bed, so I intended to take full advantage of a morning when everyone was being cooperative. I picked up my yummy raspberry shaving gel, lathered up, and began to shave my legs in quick, long strokes.

But, the mommy gods intervened. 

No sooner had I completed one leg, admiring the silky smoothness of my newly shaved right leg, did Lorelei start wailing. And Caitlyn didn't do it- per Caitlyn.

So, I rinsed the unused lather off of my left leg, grabbed a towel, quickly solved the problem in the living room (toy back to Lorelei, toddler in time out), dressed and got on with the rest of the day.

And here I sit with my one.shaved.leg.  Jason will be so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment