Saturday, April 18, 2009

Grammie's here!!!

Living far away from my family is really the only drawback to being in Virginia. I really miss seeing all of them, especially my mom, as well as the friends I have back in Texas. Oh, and the bluebonnets and other special Texas things- I miss those things, too!

Anyway, back to the subject of family- since our move, I have been able to see my mom about every other month. We try to swap off who visits where, and this time it was her turn to come to Virginia. The girls love seeing their Grammie, and I know the feeling is mutual. In the weeks leading up to her visit, Caitlyn constantly asks which day Grammie will be here. She talks about what she wants to do with Grammie, what we are going to eat while she's here, and tells me all of the things Grammie likes. 

So, my mom got here on Thursday, and we have been going nonstop since then. We always shop ( a LOT!) when we are together, which means that the girls go from having way to many clothes to having an obscene amount of clothes. But, hey, they look really cute!  We also usually work on some project. Last time it was to switch and repaint the kids' rooms so the girls could have the bigger room. This time it is to convert a coffee table to a bench. I'll post pictures when it is done.

Tomorrow, we are going to the circus. I haven't been to a circus in years unless you count the little carnie circus in Lawton. Caitlyn is looking forward to the clowns, cotton candy and lions. I'll be sure to share what happens!

2 comments:

  1. How much fun! Enjoy that time! What circus are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give her a hug for me. We miss ya guys, and especially the shopping.

    ReplyDelete