Saturday, June 20, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E





I admit it. I am a slight Disney addict. The magic of the mouse totally encapsulates me, and I am a sucker for the pure, innocent joy that Disney seems to specialize in. I love the excitement, the beauty, the thrill and the promise that a Disney vacation holds.

And before we get any further- yes, we were just at Disneyland in March. And yes, we were just at Disney World when Caitlyn was 18 months old. But, Disney just happened to have a great deal going on, and like I said, I love the magic. So, off we went!

For this trip, we were lucky enough to travel with my mom, as well as part of the Broussard/Underwood clan. The Broussards have been part of my life since before I was born- Travis was my first "boyfriend" at age 2, Amanda and I worked together for a few years, and now Amanda's daughter, Rylee, is just a few months younger than Caitlyn. Not only did Amanda, Danny (her husband), and Rylee get to join us, we also got MeMe (aka Ms. Becky), too!

Disney did not disappoint! It was the first time I'd stayed at one of the resorts, and it was gorgeous. We chose Port Orleans Riverside, a tribute to the old South, and our riverfront, mansion location was superb. The Sassagoula River wound past our home away from home, with a water taxi that would transport us to the French Quarter, as well as Downtown Disney. We had our choice of 7 pools, lush landscaping, a river themed playground, really good food, and of course, a gift shop filled with every Mickey themed souvenir under the sun!

By the time we got to our resort, we'd already been on vacation for a couple of days. We got to Orlando on Saturday, played at Downtown Disney on Sunday, seen SeaWorld (where we pet dolphins and ate lunch with sharks!) on Monday, only to finally arrive in our Disney dream on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment