Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Things


I feel so bogged down lately, and I just haven't taken any time to update here. So, yet again, some high points:

* Caitlyn has decided she wants us to move to Alabama. When I asked her why, she told me, "So we can be closer to Disney." Oh, ok. But sorry, kiddo--not moving to Alabama!

* Lorelei is growing up so fast all of a sudden. She has a VIBRANT personality, and it always shines through, but lately she is talking so much. Monday night we went to California Tortilla, and she pointed to a ceramic lizard on the wall, and, clear as a bell, said, "Gecko!" Where she learned that word, I don't know. But it was a gecko!

* Caitlyn declared that she wants to marry her Uncle Joey. When I explained that she can't marry him because he is her uncle, she wasn't impressed by that answer. She just told me, "Well, I just love him."

* Chris loves to read so much. When I get to talk to him on the phone, we normally spend most of our conversation talking about new books he's read or wants to read, and I usually have some suggestions for him. It tickles him that I've read most of the books he likes, and he loves to report back on a suggestion I've made. The other night he told me, "My favorite things are reading and writing . . . I'm just like you!" My heart just melted--I am so glad we have such a tight bond.

* Lorelei is using the potty about 50% of the time. I am nowhere near ready to start the horrific process of potty-training, but maybe it will be a snap with her?! She grabs herself when she needs to go potty and yells, "PEEEEEE!" And she must give kisses and high fives when she goes in the potty. My big girl.

* The other day the girls and I did a makeover party. I painted their nails, put on some fun makeup and fixed their hair with glitter and special clips. They had a ball picking out crazy colors and then selecting an outfit to model from the dress up box. After criticizing shows about child pageants, I felt like a bit of a hypocrite, but the girls sure loved it. Of course, we didn't leave the house, it was just for fun, I used eyeshadow and lipgloss only AND I would never, ever, ever do anything like a pageant with a toddler! But, we got some cute pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment