Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mudder's Day

I think this year was the best Mother's Day yet! After sleeping in until 8am (heavenly, by the way!), I was woken up by cute little giggles and snuggly hugs. Caitlyn hurdled the footboard of the bed, and Lorelei scampered to my side with pleas of, "Up? Up? Upppppp!" Caitlyn shouted, "Happy Muddder's Day!!!!" as soon as she pounced on the bed, sounding for all the world like she just came from Jersey.

Jason and I just bought two bikes and a bike trailer, which we agreed were to be our Mother's and Father's Day presents, so I didn't expect to get gifts, too! First, Caitlyn made me an absolutely precious card that boldly proclaimed she loves me a "bunch." Of course, the declaration was accompanied by a bunch of grapes made from fingerprints--cute, right? She also stamped a collection of things she says I love--flowers, hearts, stars and a few random animals. This card is going in the hope chest, and I will keep it forever.

The girls got me a Virginia keychain to remind me of our beloved home of three years once we move to our new home, Washington. It was so cute hearing them tell me all about it. Lorelei liked the bird (cardinal), and Caitlyn liked the shape of Virginia.

Jason also got me a gift in the form of the CD by Court Yard Hounds. I like to listen to music when I'm writing, and it is ideal for that task!

We went to breakfast, and then had to do a bit of shopping for the girls. I stuck to the very specific list I'd made of things they needed, and though I was sorely tempted by the adorable mermaid line at Gymboree, I'm pleased to say I did not succumb to consumerism.

It was a lovely, relaxed day, and Jason and I had a child-free dinner once the girls were in bed. We ordered from Bone Fish Grill, one of our favorite restaurants, and I completely indulged with Bang Bang Shrimp, their delicious house salad, wood-grilled shrimp and scallops with haricot verts and a giant Macadamia nut brownie. Yum--I want to eat the whole meal all over again!


No comments:

Post a Comment