Thursday, March 19, 2009

Determined little thing




Our little red head is vigorous. She began crawling right at 6 months old, and she has been going strong ever since. Now she is moving on to pulling up, standing and crawling on top of things.

When she sees something she wants, she will not stop until she gets it. This goes for her sister's toys, her kitty, random objects laying on the floor, her pacifier . . . oh, and mama.  This morning I was sitting with Caitlyn while she ate breakfast. Jason had Lorelei in our bedroom while he was getting ready for school.  Well, little Miss Lorelei was not happy. She was fussing and talking, and after all of the usual rituals failed to soothe her, Jason put her down on the floor to see what she would do. 

Imagine how my heart swelled with love when she began crawling straight to me.  She would go forward a couple of steps, stop, reach out to me with one little pudgy hand, and cry, "Mamamamama!" I watched her for a moment, and then I rushed to scoop her up for some Mama snuggles. Poor little girl just buried her face in my neck and grasped my arm with her tiny fingers. Moments like that just make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment