Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day Camp

Caitlyn has been attending day camp through the city recreation center. She goes from 8:30-11:30 each day, and she has really enjoyed it. On her first day, I was a bit nervous because there are only a couple of 3 year olds (and they are old 3s, at that!), and all of the other kids are 5. 

I needn't have worried. Miss Social Butterfly jumped right in, playing and dancing and jabbering away with the other kids.  She barely even waved as I left, causing me to feel both pride and sadness. I'm proud that she is so confident and independent, but at the same time, it makes me just a bit sad to see her skip away without so much as a backward glance. 

When I arrived to pick her up, her teacher came over to me and said, "That girl is something! She is always either talking or doing or both!"  

My response? "Yep. And THAT is why she is here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment